Suggestions

Go down

Suggestions

Post by Nytelock on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:04 pm

Hey been having a blast the past few days with everything back up. Just got my Dune key Smile.

Just wanted to throw out some suggestions/feature requests if possible?

- Increase inventory stack size of arrows to 999 and maybe scrolls/potions to 50 (This can be done with a .2da file in override).

- A quick buff rod or item. On another server I played on they had this rod that you could click and would instantly cast all your buff spells. It still used up what you memorized so no free spells or anything.

- Any way to make forge item drops based on # of party members so everybody in a group run gets what they need?

Thanks again for bringing the server back and all your hard work!

Nytelock
Dune Island Warrior
Dune Island Warrior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Nightshift on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:07 pm

Ive seen the quick buff rods before, and would probably be a time saver for casters!

I think as far as stack size thing, I think it would require a download for players? But with the steam workshop it probably wouldnt be a major deal now, but i think one of the draws for the nexus is basically a no download to join type thing. Obviously other then CEP Razz

I like the individual drops for players for forge items, but i cant recall seeing a mod that would do that, so it may not be possible.

I think when they get more of the core stuff un-hard coded we will see a ton of new mods/types of ideas being able to be done.

But I do like the ideas Very Happy

Nightshift
Dune Island Warrior
Dune Island Warrior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nytelock on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:11 pm

I don't think the stack size requires a download since it doesn't add any new content. Just a baseitems.2da file in the override folder of the server itself.

Nytelock
Dune Island Warrior
Dune Island Warrior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruavi on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:54 am

I don't want to start a new thread but I asked my thoughts about creatures in Dune so here it is:

Overall I like the difficulty of the "trash" creatures. I have fought the Sand Spiders, Fire Scorpions, those giant worms, and the dune fighters/sorcerers.

While I was able to solo them on a barbarian i used a lot of resources to do so. I use a lot of potions on my barbarian so I am used to that aspect. My only trouble is the amount of heals I used. With the limited nature of heals its easy to go through a personal stockpile on unfamiliar content. If I teamed up, however, I don't think any of it would be too much trouble.

Specifically, the Fire Scorpions take such a long time to kill, it does become boring killing a pack of them.
The Sand Sorcerers are downright deadly, but I dont think Id change them much.
The worm hits very hard, with nearly 300 HP I usually have to use a heal once to kill one.

General Suggestions:

I agree with all of Darkanis's suggestions. The buffrod in particular would be great. I forget which server I was on but it cast one slot of all <self> targeted buffs memorized/known. It saved so much time.

One suggestion I'll add is as above, the healing situation. Running solo I have the option of cure critical wounds which heals for 39 or a Potion of Heal which does all. The cure critical wounds aren't worth the round it takes it drink them after a certain amount of hit points. My suggestion would be to introduce new lower tier healing potions that restores a % of hp, capping at 25-33% of total hp. That way potions of heal always retain the top spot for effectiveness, but the lower level heals remain useful.

Ruavi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xang on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:21 pm

Reviewed, under consideration, let you know adjustments.

Xang
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum