In Case you haven't heard (NWN Enhanced Edition)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In Case you haven't heard (NWN Enhanced Edition)

Post by Darkanis on Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:36 pm

https://neverwintervault.org/ee-reveal/

Beamdog is giving NWN1 facelift and bringing back built in multi-player support.

New version aims to be compatible with existing PW's and mods.

Graphics-wise I don't think there is a whole lot of improvements, but they are fixing a lot of bugs and adding good stuff for modders too.

They also have some of the old NWN1 Devs working with them.

Darkanis
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In Case you haven't heard (NWN Enhanced Edition)

Post by Nightshift on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:03 am

I will be getting this. Cant wait.

Nightshift
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshift on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:52 pm

This is a good chance to get the cep nexus active again, if we could get it back online, nwn:ee going to steam is really going to get a lot of people interested in it again.
Neeeeeeed to get the nexus back online!

Nightshift
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkanis on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:51 am

I been Playing again on some of the new EE servers. Forgot the draw of making/testing new builds Smile

Last edited by Darkanis on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Darkanis
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshift on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:32 pm

i still cant seem to find a release date for officially launching on steam...thats when I plan on buying it.

Nightshift
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkanis on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:08 pm

I think it's still in an early access/beta stage right now.

Darkanis
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchBishopLazarus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:59 am

Nightshift is absolutely correct in regards to the fact that if we were able to get The Nexus back online even vaguely near the release of NWN:EE the sheer influx of players from the Steam community especially would be quite invaluable in kickstarting it once more. After doing a bit of research on Beamdog; A significant amount of the actions they are planning to put into play would not only make The Nexus much more accessible to a wider audiences but also the toolset easier to manage and create with, With an addition of allegedly easier coding and script work this could be a rather remarkable boost and nigh certain increase in the populace of the server. Beamdog has also been relatively proactive and streamlines their production with accuracy but relative haste. I would honestly be surprised if it was released much later than the first quarter of 2018.

ArchBishopLazarus
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshift on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:12 pm

Yeah, I think that it will be released on steam first quarter of 2018. I broke down and went and bought it on beamdog, and will request my steam key version when it releases on steam. (Confirmed they will give you a steam key for it if you preorder on beamdog)

Ive been playing the headstart for about 3-4 days now. 2 days ago, there were a small handful of EE servers on the master list, maybe 8-9...yesterday almost 20 servers.

I also want to mention, I was able to install cep 2.4 and have 0 issues with it. Completely compatible!
As for updating the nexus, very few issues are being reported by server owners with the updating. a few scripts here and there need to be fixed, but those are very intense scripts from what I can gather.
One cool thing I read that they added to the scripting...persistant locations for people when they log out, even through server restartS! no more having to start at 1 location every time you log in!

Im also, going to start with modding NWN again....I want the see if i can help bring the graphics up to date as much as possible. Even though its still not going to be great, beamdog is helping by slowing unlocking a lot of hard coded stuff! The modding community is going to flurish!

Honestly, this is going to be great for NWN when it releases on steam...
Im currently playing on a POA server, and believe it or not, enjoying myself immensly...Not as much as if i were playing on the nexus, but i make due!

I messaged Xang a few days ago, and let him know about nwn:ee and he said he would look into it. I really hope we can get the nexus up and going again, however we have to do it!

Nightshift
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkanis on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:26 pm

NS that is awesome. I never tried my hand at modding but If you need any guinea pigs for testing I'm happy to help.
I've been toying around on some of the new servers myself. Mostly redemption/salvation and the frontier one.
My acct name is Nytelock

Darkanis
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshift on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:19 pm

Its sad, I play NWN now, and feel the need to play the nexus, because no other module has everything the nexus did....Even tossed around the idea of putting my own module together...
I have contacted Xang about nwn:ee but after the first conversation, I havent heard back from him. Sad
Keeping up with the development on the EE, there are so many things that are going to get improved on, and it makes me really want to get the nexus back up and improve even more on what the awesomeness is of the Nexus..

Nightshift
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkanis on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:34 pm

I feel ya night!

Darkanis
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top