Oh. My. God.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oh. My. God.

Post by Nightshift on Thu May 28, 2015 8:45 pm

I Just found this server in the list....OH my god, I thought this server was lost forever! I think i will play nwn all the time now! I havent played on this server in like....uh...8 years? Hell, Last time i played, Claw Island was just opened up! I remember it very well, the best server out there...I just logged in, and I am hoping it is still the same server I loved!
Wonder if any of you all remember me? I use to have a battle priest named Rami Ascalon...
I remember a few of the names on this forum. Ofcourse Xang...I have to go hunt Gnax to make sure he is still there now...
I remember Seb, if its....Sebi...I believe you use to go by? I could be wrong...
And I wonder if 'Edgy' on the forums is Edge...from so long ago...

Oh, SO excited now to play here!
No one online right now...but maybe I will see some of you ingame?!

Edit: Just visited the Credit cave...So many names who I use to play with, Does Cattleprod, Dragon78, Stackman, or Sonova, still play here? Loved chilling with Cat in boon, while she bashed her baby into benches...Stackman and Sonova I played with all the time, Stackhelped me with my cleric build...Miss all these guys/gals!

Nightshift
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh. My. God.

Post by Nightshift on Fri May 29, 2015 8:09 pm

Remembered my old account name and figured I would try it out....All my characters are still there Smile
Is Empire Guild still around? Dont wanna step on any toes, if they are, and if its a problem still playing my characters with the tag on.

Nightshift
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xang on Sun May 31, 2015 5:46 pm

Yes it's the CEP Nexus. I have zero issues with you playing on a tagged hero. The community is long gone sir. A few still pop in, from time to time, Sebi and Edge. If you have problems or issues you can post here, I will respond in time.

Welcome back.

Xang
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia on Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:32 pm

I was a dedicated player, was leading the LG guild but time did his tole and i forgot even my characters names...

Will the server be up again???

amnesia
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xang on Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:49 pm

I just moved still having connection issues hopefully it won't be for long.

Xang
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meganuke on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Come on, hurry up!

meganuke
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seb on Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:18 pm

hey guys

sebi here (maybe a bit drunk off of Ciroc vodka hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)
just take it easy xang just moved he'll have the nexus up when he can thanks Smile

in meantime please feel free to message me on anything, would be very nice to hear from you all as it has been quite some some since we last talked SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Seb
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchBishopLazarus on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:23 pm

Good evening, and a pleasure seeing you all and your faces once again. Unfortunately I fear I had a bit of a reprieve to a foreign country but now I am back and capable of playing once again. Its come to my attention that Xang has moved recently, and I was wondering if The Nexus would be back online in the near future under the same IP address, or possibly a different one? If such is the case we may have to update the IP address under the News section so there's no risk of confusion Very Happy . Either/or, Hit me up anytime and I will login to check and chat with you all. Hope to see you all online soon!

ArchBishopLazarus
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gharrison on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:05 pm

Hey guys,

Just joined the forum because I saw there was recent discussion and wanted to add a couple voices of support for the server. A buddy of mine and I were wanting to get back into playing a good RPG (that doesn't demand a nuclear-powered gaming computer), and I suggested NWN - but, of course, the main incentive for that was the CEP Nexus - which I used to play on a good bit under a few characters I can no longer remember.

While it's a shame that the master servers are no longer running, my buddy and I would happily buy the game again just to play on Nexus again, even if we're the only two playing. Hell, even if there's just a downloadable version of the server we could run privately that would make it worthwhile. I just really enjoyed the attention to detail and the game structure that y'all had created.

Just wanted to add a couple voices of support to keeping it alive.

Wish y'all the best,
Greg

Gharrison
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchBishopLazarus on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:54 pm

Good evening Greg. If its any consolation, I know I certainly would be more than delighted to opt for the opportunity to join you had you gentlemen desired an auxiliary party member. It would indeed sound like quite a splendid time and I too certainly am pleased to see a few more voices of support. With any luck the server will be up and running shortly; When it does I'll be under the tag ArchBishopLazarus. If you ever see me online please never hesitate to party up as I would more than gladly be of any assistance I can. Hope to see you soon!

ArchBishopLazarus
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gharrison on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:00 pm

That sounds great. Although there are newer iterations that are probably superior (which I lack the resources to enjoy), NWN was a classic that's just too good to let go, and at $10, it's kind of a no-brainer for someone looking to enjoy a good RPG in their spare time. If there are servers still worth playing, that is.

Speaking of classics, dig the original Diablo reference. That was the first hack-and-slash type game I've ever played and I loved everything about it. Too bad you can't even run that game on a modern computer anymore without all sorts of additional programs / modding. What they did to the series with the third installment was nothing less than criminal, though.

Gharrison
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchBishopLazarus on Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:19 pm

Indeed, I must agree on both remarks. NWN and particularly The Nexus truly was a masterpiece. The recent aesthetics that were also performed since the last CEP update actually only made it look even more astounding than what it was before (See SiSi's locale for example.) and for the most part, It is albeit quite challenging, but absolutely solo-able. My first character since I seen the server back online was a Paladin/CoT. Immunity to Fear, Holy Sword, and Fair saves was capable of allowing a decent push. All I know is that I certainly would be more than happy to create a newer character and help you gentlemen get back into the swing of things. The more the regulars can assist one another the further, and greater we all can become. Get revenge on some of those damned Claw Dragons *Smiles and laughs*

I thank you graciously. I can say the same, and I actually still find myself playing it on PC usually under "The Hell Mod" by Mordor. The difficulty was drastically ramped up and some of the harder difficulties are borderline unforgiving. Supposing you still had it, and desired to play it (Supposing you're operating on Windows) If you update to patch 1.09 and you modify your properties, and compatibility, If you run in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2), Settings with reduced colour mode, 8-bit (256) colour, Disable your display scaling on high DPI, and Run the program as an Administrator, You can still play the original Diablo on almost any vaguely new-age computer. It just doesn't like being minimized, Not too sure why. lol.

I must whole-heartedly agree with you on the third Diablo though. Reaper of Souls actually vaguely brought life back into the franchise, but what they had originally done indeed had wounded the franchise. I must admit I haven't played it since the first season thereafter RoS. In lieu, I've picked up a handful of Dungeon Crawling games, and Strategy games in days of recent that had not necessitated a consistent internet while I was in Russia. Now that I'm back home in Canada however I've literally been itching to play The Nexus. Until then, I picked up Darkest Dungeon on Steam to tide me over. What other kinds of games do you play bro?

ArchBishopLazarus
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gharrison on Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Nothing similar, at the moment. I've always loved RPGs, but, at the same time, I tend to play with my friends - so that, in addition to other factors (such as cynicism, resources, and time), limits me from really digging into the genre.

Precisely why I was looking to NWN and Nexus in order to fill that gap. I always appreciated the mechanics of NWN - coupled with the games accessible modularity, opened it up the inspiration of its countless users. I've always had a special place for any game that allows making modifications to the experience so accessible. (Unreal Tournament 2004 comes to mind.)To digress, I'm also a huge fan of the Dark Souls series - the artwork, settings, mechanics, overall feel of the game - although the multiplayer experience is lacking in that franchise. (The game was also specifically designed to be a single player experience.)

Really just wanna return to NWN because it's familiar (I know it's fun), it's cheap (I can get my friend on board with playing it because it's 10 bucks), and it was well done.

Gharrison
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchBishopLazarus on Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:45 am

I can certainly see how that would indeed prove to be quite challenging; Can't legitimately say I know too many multiplayer rpg's. I however am the same way but I have a special appreciation for storyline and lack of interest with flashy graphics so I find myself playing vintage rpg's similar to Lufia II Rise of the Sinistrals for the SNES, Super Mario RPG for the SNES, and almost anything Final Fantasy although FFV was a very worth-while favourite.

Indubitably. Games such as Nwn were catered (albeit clumsily when you really get into coding. Scary stuff there!) to modmakers and those who had the desire to create some true pieces of art. Supposing you can get past the "Cartoonish" aspect of it, A heavily modifiable multiplayer vaguely rpg game thats half-assed Diablo-esque would be both Torchlight I and II. You do have some excellent taste though. Unreal Tournament was a damn beast. I will agree fully though that the Dark Souls series (Demon Souls... Man, I don't think when that first came out I ever swore at my tv that much prior.) had an outstanding atmosphere, but the online gameplay felt uninspired considering it was designed to be Single-Player for the most part. Bloodborne was worth mentioning too, but suffers the same fate.

Indeed! I definitely hope we can get a hold of Xang, or possibly even Sebi and see if it will be coming up sometime shortly. Even starting from Scratch for a third time would be fun as hell.

ArchBishopLazarus
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gharrison on Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:14 pm

That's what I'm looking to do - just play from the beginning. My friend's never played this before, so I don't mind.

I went ahead and bought the game and downloaded the required addons anyway just because I wanted to play this game again. Hopefully Nexus comes back online.

Gharrison
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchBishopLazarus on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:11 pm

Most excellent. If I may inquire, What style of gameplay in Nwn had you favoured? I know I personally am absolutely dreadful with arcane spellcasting classes, Tending to stay closer to melee, Specifically two-handers by preference despite the fact its a poor idea by Mid WB following BC/Claw. Dev Crit was always a favorite though finding an efficient Rapier was always challenging, In supplement to the fact of so many realistic resistances (Undead and such whom you couldn't dev crit, and trying to poke was always a poor decision) Clerics and Monks were pretty fun as well albeit mildly painful to buff.

Thats awesome bro! Definitely hope to see you online sometime shortly. I have recently sent Xang an inquiry. The gentleman must be quite tied up; but hoping with any luck there will be an opportunity to log in shortly and begin exploring once more.

ArchBishopLazarus
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gharrison on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:38 pm

Very similar myself. Never played much in the way of casters. Like you, I usually opted for some heavily armored greatsword user despite the fact that they don't really do so well later on.

I never made it past WB. That being said, I'll probably still use GS's just because they're cool.

Gharrison
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchBishopLazarus on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:52 pm

I must admit my favorite weapon above all else was the Dire Mace. Terribly under-utilized, There was no specific build that actually catered to making an effective dire-mace wielder though. I must contest that the Greatswords on each different island are quite exceptional. I believe it was the *Bane of Dune* That was almost the best right up until the Greatswords of Blackcloak. If you had the spells to buff it, It was certainly something else. So, No denying for a favorite weapon you definitely have chosen a winner.

Thats actually pretty awesome regardless, and understandable. Winterborn was quite elaborate and remarkably in-depth. Supposing that the server comes back online sometime soon I would be more than delighted to start up a character with you and help you and your friend explore the realms. I'll likely go for another Paladin Scimitar wielder, That level 2 Immunity to Fear consistently truly is a godsend, and while there are certain buffs, or equipment that can provide it in turn, I always found it either wears off at the worst time imaginable (Many Rashoon bosses come to mind...) or opting out certain equipment is a relative hindrance since the alternatives are more beneficial for your longevity.

Either/or, I will definitely keep an eye out for some extra Heavy Armor, and Greatswords for you when we do get in game.

ArchBishopLazarus
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gharrison on Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Well I went ahead and got the game. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Nexus is coming back up any time soon, so I'm gonna find somewhere to play in the meantime. As soon as Nexus is up though, I'll be in.

In the meantime, though, do you know of other modules / servers that are worth playing? I'm not into the roleplay acting thing - and it seems like most servers involve that in some way. I'm just trying to find a good adventure / dungeon crawler to play with a couple friends. See any on this list worth recommending?

http://yourserverlist.com/index.php?juego=nwn1&tipopart=action&ord=#

Gharrison
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchBishopLazarus on Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:24 pm

Good evening! Finally back, and accessible to an internet. Sequester really isn't as fun as it sounds more often than not.

Judging by the message posted earlier by Xang, The return of The CEP Nexus seems slated for latter July after of course the necessary moving, and unwinding time that entails such a tiring pursuit. All I know is I would certainly love to join you online; and with any luck you and I can forge on together and we'll collectively progress well into the various isles.

I must admit, The only server I have recently attempted to get into, and I must admit that list is quite limited, Not only due to lack of time, but the quality required to genuinely appreciate something enough to return is The Viking East Replacement. It is a Neverwinter Nights mod based off of the original Diablo. I haven't had much opportunity to expansively progress into it, but it has a healthy degree of challenge. Theres shrines just like in the original, Quests, and of course enemies. From what I've experienced though, The drops are severely overpowered as soon as you get to a specific set. For example, Natalya's Odium. Its extremely important to focus heavily on acquiring damage resistance to a handful of different elements, and using your permissable hotkeys to opt out different items to accommodate the situation. For example, Magma Stones in The Caves will easily one shot an Arcane Spellcaster with a roughly 70dmg repeatable touch attack had you not been wearing Fireproof Gloves of So-and-So, or Dampening Boots of Random-Noun.

Per death; It returns you back to Tristram, but supposing you had the foresight to cast Town Portal as soon as you entered the level; or in a safe-zone, You can just walk up and get teleported back. Monsters respawn almost hilariously fast as well, So the best suggestion I can provide is; Don't stop moving. Either/or; If such a concept is your cup of tea; Then I absolutely suggest it. All I know is that with my work schedule I fear I can't play excessively, but I will most certainly be jumping back on, or scheduling a brief vacation for when The CEP Nexus is back online Very Happy

As per always, A pleasure seeing you once again Gharrison, and I hope to speak with you again shortly.

ArchBishopLazarus
Boonie
Boonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum